Saturday, April 5, 2014

Designing shoes in Beverly Hills

The best job I have ever had was designing luxury accessories freelance for a company in Beverly Hills. They were manufactured in Paris. The man who hired me was one of the most honest and trusting people I have met in this crazy industry that we call fashion.

Every week we would meet in the 1950's style restaurant of a very fancy hotel downtown. I would show him my concepts and he would give me a cheque. He gave me complete free creative range. The only guidance he gave me was that he liked art-deco and to not think about price-just create the most beautiful accessories you can imagine. He didn't collect my drawings until the very end of working together which was a huge sign of trust and integrity. I still hold him in very high regards. People like him give the fashion industry a good name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment