Sunday, June 15, 2014

Holt Renfrew *Hot Shop* (What's going on)

I get asked a lot about what is trending- colours, cuts, what's selling, what isn't, etc etc.
I started this entry last month and didn't get a chance to finish it until now. I feel everything is still valid though so I thought I would share it with you guys:)
I went shopping and made some notes about what is hot and retailing right now. I went to all the store levels. I always spend quite a long time in Holt Renfrew-my favourite stop. Every time I go in that store it reminds me about why I decided to design clothes- beautiful fabrics, perfect cuts, real passionate craftsmanship.
I took some photos(they gave me permission). I will attach them to this post:)
So here we go!Ready?! Weoooo! Please ignore my grammar haha it's all just in quick note form

HOT TRENDING BRANDS RIGHT NOW AT HOLT:
Pink Tartan- coral and white story and that fluorescent pink colour. They have a black and white story also. Grosgrain ribbon detailing on crisp white shirts. Also white tee with Boucle but it is a sweater. Black and white story has square perforated leather and black and white stripes. Scuba fabric high neck tee in white. Eyelet woven button up body with grosgrain ribbon. Pleated skirts, princess seam dress, rich navy and fluorescent yellow and green 
Other hot brands:
Tory Burch.
Nanette Lapore.
Alice and Olivia-daisy print sweater. Daisies are still trending hard. Most of the junior brands doing the daisy print.
Laser cut tees are trending. 
Rag And Bone-boot with high front guard thing(I will try to find a pic for you guys). 
Tweed tee body-everything in rag and bone is hot hot hot.
Everyone is using that blanket stitch.
Leather mini skirt still in
Paul And Joe-giraffe and deer prints.
Square laser cut out leather trims all over the place including Vince. Soft dressing pant with leather trim.
Zadig and Voltaire.
Woven top body suit with knit bottom- the top of the bodysuit looks like a dress shirt and bottom has crotch snaps.
Pencil skirts are in.
Everyone is doing the sweatshirt or tee body in texture/boucle fabrics. Akris Punto- perforated leather blazer- very nice.
Jewelry-Aztec pointy styles.
Styling-short leather skirt with sleeveless blouse tucked in. 
Heels with ankle straps(thick) are in. 
Pointy shiny toes still in. 
Leopard(tiny scale) still in.
The shoes with the curvy metal bar across the front are in.
Tape yarn at bcbg.
Leather jackets.
Jumpers are still in.

Phew! Ok, there ya go! I will try to get some pics up tomorrow:)
xo
Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment