Saturday, November 15, 2014

Ethical Slut and definitely Not THAT Kind Of Girl!

Disclaimer: Not all of these books are gay. And sadly, neither are all the women on Earth.

So, if you ever wondered, "What does Brandy's bedroom look like??? OoooOOOOoooo"
Now you know haha once you leap over the pile of books by my bed you will find it quite relaxing. Think of it as novice-mid level cardio endurance training. If you make it past the books, you can stay.

So, here is a snapshot of what I have been reading. And yes, I actually am reading 6 books at once. Cause I'm a bad-ass.
Mreow.
(my socks almost match today!)
And I shall quickly summarize and rate each:

Bossypants by THE Tina Fey: Hillllllarious, kinda memoir-esk

The Ethical Slut by Dossie Easton and Janet W. Hardy: About open relationships and family structure. VERY VERY interesting. Talks a lot about jealousy and respect and communication. I doooo recommend. Once I'm done you can borrow it.

Not THAT Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham: Oh Lena. No one does brutal honesty like you. She also wrote the TV show "Girls" which is hilarious and awesome. Great and so funny. Do read.

Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay: Read this while I was in Montreal. Not my favourite book but had some interesting points.....not a fav.

How To Be A Woman by Caitlin Morgan: I only skimmed this in the book store and bought it. Looks SUPER funny though from what I read. Good British humour.

The Art Of Possibilities by Rosamund Stone Zander: Good book. Written by an orchestra maestro. It's mostly about leadership and teamwork. Also about creative thinking and problem solving. I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment