Thursday, August 28, 2014

Losing My Montreal Poutine Virginity

Her: The secret to poutine is the sauce. Too much sauce and the fries get soggy. Also, the cheese. The cheese is very important. It must be heated but not too much and it should be a bit crunchy on the outside.

She gracefully swirls some cheese and pulled pork on her fork.

Her: When I make poutine I buy all the ingredients from different shops. A special kind of curd cheese. The meat. The fries from a specialty place.

I sip my red wine.
Her sweater and necklace glimmer in the light.

Me: So, the best poutine in Montreal is at your house.

I smile.
She laughs.

Her: Yes.



2 comments:

  1. It was an honour to share your first poutine. Virgin no more… Alexe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you for showing me Montreal!

    ReplyDelete